Squish is a commercial cross-platform GUI and regression testing tool that can test applications based on a variety of GUI technologies. This tool is developed and maintained by Froglogic company. This tool is choice for more than 3000 companies worldwide to automate the functional regression tests and system tests of their graphical user interface (GUIs) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs).
Following are the key features of Squish tool:
● Squish tool has complete support for all major GUI technologies
● This has full support for all desktop, mobile, web and embedded platforms
● Squish fully supports Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
● Squish is powerful and reliable object identification and verification (object-based and image based)
● There is no dependency on screenshots or visual appearance
● Squish has the feature to record the test scripts.
● This tool is powerful integrated development environment (IDE)
● A wide range of popular script languages for test scripting
● Squish provides full control via command line tools
● It easily integrates with Test Management and CI-Systems
Data can be passed through multiple sources like Excel, csv, tsv, etc. Apart from this data can be passed through database connections as well.
Yes, this can be done through buildinfo.txt file which contains all information about your package.
Yes. Test Suite Resources can have multiple scripts, test data resources and verification points.
Yes, Squish supports Excel, but only in the .xls (not .xlsx) file format.
The Automated GUI Testing Tool comes in several editions with dedicated support for the specific GUI technologies:
● Squish for Qt
● Squish for Java
● Squish for Windows
● Squish for Mobile
● Squish for Web
● Squish for Mac
Yes, you simply need a combination Squish Qt & Windows package