● It is high level programming language
● Interpreted language
● Object oriented language
It is also know as ERB which allows to put code in the HTML. It reads the code one by one.
To execute ruby code use <% %> and for output use <%= %>
● Its productive web-application framework.
● Web application id 10 times faster then other typical frameworks.
● No compilation phase needed.
These are the three default environments that Rails gives:
● Development environment
● Test environment
● Production environment
This helps in building, packaging and testing the rails code.
It's a Ruby framework which automatically creates documentation for your code.
● It has Object Relational Mapping(ORM).
● It provides binding between tables and database.
● It follows CRUD methods.
Following are the associations:
It protects "NOT NULL" fields for missing user inputs.
It allows only numeric data.
It allows to define changes to your database schema, provides version control which is eventually helpful in synchronizing.
Following is the list of datatypes:
Following things can be done using rails migration:
rails generate migration table_name
● It handles the interaction between the user, view and model.
● Also it route the requests to the actions.
● It manages caching and sessions.