Quick Test Professional (QTP) is an automated functional GUI testing tool which allows the automation of user actions on a web or client based computer application. It is widely used for functional regression test automation. It uses a scripting language to manipulate the objects and controls of the application under test. It was designed by Mercury Interactive and later on acquired by HP.
Micro Focus Unified Functional Testing software, formerly known as HP QuickTest Professional.
Following are the features of QTP:
● It is an icon-based tool that automates the regression and Functional Testing of an application
● Both technical, as well as a non-technical tester, can use Micro Focus QTP
● It provides both features- Record as well as Playback
● We can test Desktop as well as the Web-based applications
● QTP tool helps the testers to perform an automated functional testing uninterrupted.
● QTP allows Business Process Testing (BPT)
● QTP Testing is based on scripting language VB script
● It supports the largest pool of software development environments like SAP, Oracle etc.
Following are the advantages of QTP:
● QTP supports record and playback
● It uses an active screen to record scripts and helps tester in referring the screen object properties
● QTP can be easily integrated with Test management tools like Quality Center, Test Director, and Winrunner
● QTP has excellent object identification process or mechanism
● It supports different add-ins like Oracle, Java, SAP, NET, Web Forms, People soft, etc.
● QTP supports XML
● Test reporting is possible through QTP for analysis purpose
● QTP allows to enhance the existing tests even without the AUT through an active screen
● It supports popular automation frameworks- keyword driven testing approach, modular testing approach, data-driven testing approach, etc.
● QTP comes with an inbuilt IDE
● Different types of suites like Smoke, Regression, Sanity can be easily maintained by QTP
● QTP is easy to maintain
QTP testing is based on VB script(Visual Basic Scripting) scripting language.
Yes, QTP supports XML.