Loadrunner is a load testing tool for Windows and Linux, which allows testing the web application efficiently. It is used to determine the performance and result of the web application under heavy load.
Following are the key features of Loadrunner:
● Loadrunner provides support for various types of Apps.
● All the Vusers can be controlled with just a single dashboard.
● This testing tool can work on several enterprise environments.
● The monitoring and analysis is very user-friendly and easy to grasp.
● LoadRunner provide support for several types of protocols.
Following are the key components of Loadrunner:
● Vuser generator - This is used for generating Scripts
● Controller - This is used for creating and executing scenarios
● Analyzer - This is used to analyze results.
The Agent in loadrunner is an interface between host machine and controller.
There are four different steps for developing a vuser script
Record the Vuser Script.
● Playback / Enhance the recorded vuser script.
● Define the various run-time settings & check
● Incorporate the script in a LoadRunner scenario
The number of VUsers required for load testing in Loadrunner depends on your system under test, network configurations, hardware settings, memory, operating system, software applications objective of a performance test.
The significance Vuser-init in Loadrunner is that it records the pre-operations also called the initialization operations before the actual application is run.
In Loadrunner an extended log will store information such as data returned by an advanced trace, parameter substitution and much other information depending on the options you select in run-time settings.
Monitors are used to analyze the performance bottlenecks. They are used in Controller section of Load Runner.